24 January 2011

Fogged up glasses

I took a most awesome spill on my bike last Monday. it was dark, and raining, so my glasses were fogged up and I couldn't see. I'm biking at a pretty good clip behind my companion, following his taillight (which was all of him I could see). The thought crossed my mind that there might be trash cans on the side of the road. 'Nah,' I said, 'it's not trash day, that's Wednesday." Well, guess who was wrong. :) I clipped the trash can with my handlebars and next thing I knew I was upside-down in the bushes (prickly bushes, of course) with the bike on top of me. The great thing was that Elder Fronk, my dear companion, knew that the trash can was there and didn't warn me. He told me he thought I'd notice it. I guess he's never worn glasses in the rain before.

We had a sweet new investigator in the last couple weeks. we tracted into Andrea, and she didn't seem all that interested until we bore our testimonies. She let us in and we taught her a very informal restoration lesson, gave her a Book of Mormon, and set a return appointment. We were way stoked when she asked in her prayer at the end of the lesson if this was a new chapter in her life. I say "had"; she called us this morning and dropped us. We don't know why. but it was nice while it lasted, and sad when it ended.

Drew and Jesse are our other two investigators right now. we got a referral from Mike (Mike Warner, most amazing member ever) and we went and saw him this last week. Drew had a friend come over just to hang out and we dropped off a pamphlet and set a return appointment (we would have taught them but they were fixing to have band practice). They read the pamphlet that night and had some good questions for us when we came back. we're not sure how serious they are, but they asked us for copies of the BOM, so we're waiting to see what happens...

Love y'all
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment