23 January 2012

Pranking the missionaries

So, I got a phone call last night [Jan 15th] about 9:40 or so from an Elder Brown in the office staff. We chatted for a few minutes about geneology and then he said, "I have an assignment from President Thomas. We had an elder get hurt and he'll be out of commission for a little while. You'll be going to take his companion and open Stuart, Virginia to proselyting." Oh boy. So I pack and get everything ready, stress out, go to bed. I was thinking it sounded a bit like a member from the ward, but it was pretty a thick southern accent and I didn't worry about it. I get up this morning at 5:30 so I can be ready for the pickup at 6:30. Shower, finish packing, finish off my boiled peanuts (sounds gross? they're AMAZING) and Elder Brown calls again, saying he'll be a little bit late. Well, go figure. So I call the Lakefield Elders that live across the parking lot, and we all go down to the gatehouse to wait for him. Well, about five minutes before Elder Brown's supposed to get here, a member from the ward, Brother Skipper, who's notorious for pranking the missionaries, pulls up and quotes a scripture about 'prove all things'. That's right. He got me. And it was kinda funny, too. Then I found out that he got Elder York and both the Lakefield Elders in on it.  It was kinda funny but I'm going to miss those hours of sleep that it cost me. We're all feeling it.
 
I am being transferred to a new area, though. All I know about this area is that it's a car share area in the NCCM and that my new companion will have been out only 3 months.
 
Elder Josh Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment