21 November 2011

Enjoy Thanksgiving

This week was pretty crazy too. It was really fast and I don't remember a lot of it, but we taught a lot and found pretty good new investigators. We have several people who have baptismal dates, but none of them have actually come to church yet, except Ava M. We're working on that, though.
 
Our best new investigators are the Ortiz Daughters. All three of them want to get baptized, though only two are old enough to be convert baptisms. The youngest is eight and will be a ward baptism. Right now they're aiming for the 31st December, but that may change after they talk to their mom about it.
 
We ran into a pretty hardcore AntiChrist. We all bore testimony to him but to no avail. He'd done a lot of research into our religion (not just ours, though) and decided that Buddhist was the route he should take. He openly attacked the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith, and denied that Christ could change the past. I'm really proud of Elder Bentley, though, because he stood up to the guy after I'd already made up my mind not to bother with him. Elder Bentley bore powerful testimony many times and, if this was the military, I'd put in a recommendation for commendation for courageous action in battle. He's a good missionary.
 
Most of our new investigators are due to Elder York. He has a gift for talking to people and beginning to teach without really letting them know he's starting to teach. I'd put in a recommendation for promotion in for him, but this isn't the military. :D
 
I'm really impressed with my companions and maybe someday I can measure up.

Thank you for your love and support! I love you, and don't forget it. Enjoy Thanksgiving! but don't enjoy it too much. :D We have three dinners on Thanksgiving day and I think I might not make it... but here goes...
 
Love,
Elder Joshua Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment